I was so excited when Lowana Hernandez from Younique offered to send me the Younique 3D Fiber Lash Mascara to try. My patience was really tested as I waited 2 days before I could open it and have a peek. The reason for this being, as I was doing a review and a demonstration, I wanted to share everything with you … from the very beginning as I unpacked the parcel. You can watch my video on the Younique 3D Fiber Lash here.
If you like having full and long eyelashes, but do not feel like wearing falsies, then you should try this mascara. I always have this terrifying thought of the lashes becoming loose at the end and sticking up. Unfortunately this is a true experience. Luckily I had my friend Viv at my side to inform me of this 😳 This mascara instantly gives me more lashes 😃Continue reading and see for yourself.
Packaging and Content:
My Younique 3D Fiber Lash mascara arrived after 4 days ( international shipping) in the packet on the left. The product was securely bubble wrapped and retails at 31,50 Euro.
The box contained:
- 1 Transplanting Gel (7ml/0.23 fl oz)
- 1 3D Fibers (Net wt. 0.5g/0.02 oz)
- Directions for using
- Fabric Pouch
Moodstruck Transplanting Gel
Ingredients: Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Acrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Polyvinylalcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Tromethamine, Beeswax, Bentonite, Microcrystalline Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Allantoin, Silica, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Ppg-2-Deceth-30, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate
Moodstruck 3D Fibers Ingredients: Rayon, Carbon Black CI77266, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Iris Pallida Leaf Cell Extract, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
The application is relatively simple. Before I start applying the products as stated in the instructions, I curl my eyelashes.
Then you should apply an even coat of the transplanting gel to the lashes. The transplanting gel reminds me of a mascara.
Immediately apply the 3D fibers while the transplanting gel is still wet. Try not to use too much. Use a spoolie to comb through, if you don’t want it to become too clumpy. Some like this look, but others don’t. So it depends on your personal preference.
Seal the fibers with the transplanting gel. These steps can be repeated until you have reached the desired fullness.
The bottom line …
- This a great way to achieve voluminous lashes.
- If you do not like the spider eyelash look it is better to work with a little fibers at a time. You might want to keep a spoolie close by to brush through the tips.
- Another reason for starting off with little fibers is, only so much can stick at a time. I learnt this from experience and did have some falling into my eye. This is no problem though, you can remove them with an earbud. It may cause a bit of discomfort but it does not hurt. So a little goes a long way.
- I like applying most of the fibers close to the lash line so it creates fullness at the bottom.
- If find it helpful that you can read up on the roles of the ingredients on the website.
- The 3D Fiber Lash lasts the whole day and I did not notice any crumbling.
- You can remove this as you would normally remove your eye makeup. No extra steps are needed.
- Since I have sparse and thin eyelashes I am loving this mascara.
Have you tried the Younique 3D Fiber Lash mascara and if yes, what is your take on it? Or, do you have a favorite mascara for adding volume and length? I would like to hear about your favorite mascaras and how you create a fuller look.
Until the next time and stay as awesome as you are.